I’m so tired of being alone
These penitent walls are all I’ve known
The songbird calling
Across the water
Outside my silent asylum
Oh, don’t leave me on my own
Left me standing all alone
It’s like looking in a mirror. The most beautiful, poetic, heartbreaking mirror ever written.
Indie tracks often have a tinge nostalgia in both lyrics and tune. It’s one of the most compelling qualities about this genre of music. With Christmas and all the festivities winding down, I’m feeling a bit beat and bittersweet. Another season, another year. Maybe we’re just growing up too fast.
1. Cigarette Daydreams – Cage the Elephant
2. Fluorescent Adolescent – Arctic Monkeys
I guess I should jump on the bandwagon and start sharing Christmas songs, but I don’t listen to jolly music so here goes another indie/acoustic playlist. Happy Sunday, everyone.
1. Paint – The Paper Kites
2. Lost Stars – Adam Levine
This one is more soft rock than coffeehouse, but the lyrics are so beautiful that I just had to share it.
3. Till the Morning – Bahamas
Trip the hell out.
1. Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd
2. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds – The Beatles
3. Arabella – The Arctic Monkeys
Way better than the original. That’s all I gotta say.
1. We Can’t Stop – Bastille cover
2. No Diggity/Thrift Shop – Ed Sheeran ft Passenger cover
3. What Makes You Beautiful – The 1975 cover
Just a few of my favorites from some of the great rock/folk rock duos over the years.
1. Maneater – Hall & Oates
2. Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
3. Sound of Silence – Simon and Garfunkel